The Frito Pie Hot Dog2016-04-21
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Frito Pie Hot Dog – The Perfect Food for Tailgating Parties and Reunions
An easy solution to what to feed everyone at your next tailgating party or college reunion is the Frito Pie Hot Dog. I love this dish because you don’t have to spend hours over a hot grill preparing the food. This gives you more time to talk to your guests and enjoy all the tailgating fun. It also allows your guest to customize their Frito Pie Hot Dog with the ingredients they like.
The key to making these delicious Frito Pie Hot Dogs is to use real Fritos, don’t use those no-name knock offs that you see in convenience stores.
- Start by combining all of the spices in a dish and stirring together to making your own chili powder seasoning. Then heat a skillet over high heat and add the ground beef. Brown the meat in a skillet and drain the grease, then add the chili powder seasoning. Put the meat mixture in a slow cooker and let cook for 3 hours on low or overnight if you like.
- On game day, dice some white onions. Soak the diced onions in ice water for 15 minutes to remove the bitter onion flavor. The drain and put in a bowl. Put grated cheddar cheese in a bowl. Put out some sour cream in a small bowl and set it in a larger bowl of ice. Then, put some pickled jalapeno rings in a separate bowl. Empty the bag of Fritos into a large bowl. To make transport to the game or reunion easier, use bowls with lids.
- When you get to your destination, put the slow cooker on the serving table followed by the other ingredients in bowls. Add utensils so that your guests can easily get the ingredients that they want on their Frito pie hot dog.
- Either grill your hot dogs on site or have them warming in a separate slow cooker on the serving table.
- Encourage your guests to take a hot dog, put it in a bun, top with some seasoned meat, some cheese, some onions and then some Fritos on top, and enjoy a real authentic Frito Pie Hot Dog. Of course they can then add whatever ingredients they want to create their own unique spin on the Frito Pie Hot Dog.