Hot Dogs with Kimchi Relish2014-08-17
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
If you like the funky, exotic flavor of kimchi, them you must try it on a hot dog. It’s like the two were meant to go together like peanut butter and jelly. Give this recipe a try and let me know if you agree.
8 hot dog buns
8 all-beef hot dogs, partially split
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 cups kimchi, drained and patted dry
Sriracha, for drizzling (optional)
- Mix together sesame seed oil and mayonnaise and taste. Season with salt if necessary.
- In a nonstick pan or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the kimchi, press flat and cook over medium-high heat until browned all over approximately 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes until that side is browned. Remove and reserve.
- Add hot dogs to skillet and cook on medium high heat until they are nicely charred, about 4 minutes.
- Cover the insides of the hot dog buns with the sesame mayo.
- Put a hot dogs in the buns and add a line of yellow mustard.
- Top hot dogs with kimchi and serve.