- Yield : 1 cup
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husks and stems removed
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, stem and seeds removed
- 1 small white onion, skin removed, cut in quarters
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh line juice (approx. 2 limes)
1. Combine tomatillos, jalapeños, and onion in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce to a simmer. Simmer until vegetables are softened, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure all sides are tender.
2. Drain vegetables then transfer to a blender. Add cilantro, a large pinch of salt, and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Blend on medium speed until a chunky puree is formed, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl, season to taste with more salt or lime juice if necessary, and serve at room temperature. Salsa can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.